88-98 grille questions

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by cooter71, Dec 12, 2012.

  1. cooter71

    cooter71 Member

    hi everyone, I have a question that may be stupid but i just don't know. I have a 92 K1500 extended cab shortbed with the stock 92 grill on it. I wanted to update the grill to the 94-98 style and I was wondering if it was a direct swap, I know I have to change the four corner lights on the sides of the grill but do I have to swap the little filler pieces between the grill and the bumper? or will they just clip onto the newer style grill? thanks in advance.
  2. moogvo

    moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    Yes. The grille and filler panel are different. They are a direct swap though.
  3. 1953bowtieguy

    1953bowtieguy Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

    ya as moogvo says you can swap them you just need to get the dif grille, the corner lights, the park lights, and then just the three filler panel pieces. Idk why but the park lights from the 88-93 are different than the 94-98 grilles. But other than those pieces you should be able to just make a direct switch.
  4. cooter71

    cooter71 Member

    thanks guys, thats what i thought i just wanted to make sure before i went spending money

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos