1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

88 Suburban Rear sag

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chad1966, Apr 19, 2009.

1. chad1966

chad1966 New Member

Whats the best way to level or even lift a little in the rear of a 88 suburban 3/4 2wd. I use it for towing a 20' car trailer and for camping in. Would blocks or bags. Im afraid if i use bags then all the weight is going to be on the bags..

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The bags would be great becuase they are adjustable. My 87 Blazer was sagging so i put an Add-A-Leaf on it but it almost sat too high so I had to get 1" lower lift blocks to even it out.

3. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Have you looked at the Sensatrac Coil Over shocks?

I added them to by suburban to help with sag and they have worked great! Let me look for the post with the info on them

here they are

Monroe Shock/Strut - Rear Price was around $100 (they come sold as a pair)
    Part No. 58612

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...onroe_19710021-P_50_R|GRPSHOCAMS_818077323___

[​IMG]

The Monroe® Sensa-Trac® load adjusting shock absorber with PSD (position sensitive damping) and the Safe Tech™ system combines our exclusive precision tapered grooves in the pressure tube with application engineered valving and Fluon banded piston to improve the ride, handling, and safety characteristics of the vehicle.

These units also include a heavy gauge calibrated spring for extra control and comfort. A new pair of Monroe Sensa-Trac load adjusting shock absorbers can assist in maintaining ride height when up to 1,200 lbs*. of additional weight is loaded. These units are ideal for light trucks that carry varying loads or tow trailers.

4. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

Put an Add-a-leaf to your rear spring pack. That will give you a bit of height and firm up the rear suspension.

5. omnisi

omnisi Rockstar 100 Posts

I used an add-a-leaf as well on my '90 4x4. It is about an inch higher in the rear now, but it looks great. It will probably level out after some settling and wear, so Im leaving it like it is...