Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

89' Chevy Fuel Pump not working?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by kuzco, Apr 12, 2012.

1. kuzco

kuzco New Member

I bought a brand new fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel sending unit for this truck, I hooked up the wires and my meter tells me the fuel pump wires have power running through them when the truck is in "Run", however, the fuel pump isn't starting up, what's wrong with it? Thanks.

2. osgprometheus

osgprometheus Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Where did you get the pump? Did you bench test the pump? Is your fuel pump relay engaging?

3. kuzco

kuzco New Member

I got the fuel pump from oreilly, I did not bench test it, and, I'm not sure if the fuel pump relay is engaging, I pulled it off and am going to replace it just to find out if it's the reason.

Thanks.

4. kuzco

kuzco New Member

The fuel pump relay was good, it had no problems.

5. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like you either got a dead pump or bad ground.

I've been getting alot of new bad parts from Oriely's lately.

6. osgprometheus

Ok. A lot of the time you get a wiring harness with the new pump. I agree with the checking the ground next. If nothing still, take the pump back.

7. kuzco

kuzco New Member

Thanks got it going, the ground was bad on it.

8. osgprometheus

Cool Cool. Glad it is working now.