Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

'89 Chevy Truck Clutch

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by LTD, Jul 8, 2012.

1. LTD

LTD New Member

Hi, This is my first time posting. Hope somebody can help me. I have an 89 Chevy K1500 that the clutch sometimes acts up on. It usually bothers after it sits for a while and lasts for about a half hour of steady driving. After that it works fine. If it sits a long,long time it will work fine for a while, start acting up and then work fine again. When its acting up the pedal engages on the floor and it goes in gear hard. I'm thinking it may need bleeding????...or maybe a new clutch is in order?? Also what would the approximate price a shop would charge with parts and labor to install a new one?

2. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

If it was a bad clutch would act up all the time ..sounds like air in slave to me.

3. LTD

LTD New Member

Thanks for the reply. How hard is it to bleed the slave cylinder?

4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Not to bad..

Have someone or something hold down the clutch all the way down the floorboard, then loosen the bleeder valve (watch out brake fluid may leak out) then tighten back when it seems all the air has leaked out! Then let the clutch out and repeat all the steps until it feels normal again.