Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

'89 Silverado radio panel blank?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by csltrains96, May 9, 2012.

1. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

I own an '89 Silverado K2500 with the factory digital AM/FM radio right up next to the gauge cluster. I already know that there aren't any aftermarket radios that will fit in this spot.

My question is, though, did GM ever make a blank panel for this spot for fleet vehicles or W/T trucks that were ordered without a radio installed? And if they did, what is the part number? Can I still order one? I'd like to install a Secret Audio system, but I would need a blank surface to mount the system controls to.

Thanks in advance.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think you can get a Pocket for in there.. Other then that A blank ABS plastic Pc will fit and give you room to fit anything..

3. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

i had a 90 model the same way i just left mine in i bought a radio plate and put it where the casset deck was under the two vents.i sill got the plate in the barn someware in a box.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thread moved. This is not a customer service issue, moved to the proper forum.

5. Strino78

Strino78 Member

Tons of aftermarket available for it -- $12 with shipping included is all you should spend.
    EBay "K1500 Pocket" and you'll find a fair bit of them. I went this route myself when I removed my radio. This is the seller/part I used.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-GMC-CHEVY-PICKUP-TRUCK-POCKET-RADIO-DASH-KIT-CAR-STEREO-STORAGE-BIN-CUBBY-/280774487238?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AK1500&hash=item415f76acc6&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

*There's a tiny amp stuffed under the dash for the radio too. It isn't hard to remove but it is jammed in there on the right side of the ash tray. I left mine in there for the time being -- with wires disconnected and tucked away.*

6. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for all the info!! I'll be checking out the pocket.