1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

89 suburban 5.7 350 firing order diagram

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 89suburban350, Aug 28, 2007.

1. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member

does anybody have a diagram and can explain how it goes because i have never done my own tune up's? btw i think you guys will like what iv'e done... :) jeff? anybody know?

Accel 48000V Performance Ignition Coil
    Accel Performance Cap & Rotor
    Autolite Platinum Spark Plugs and Professional Series Plug Wires
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Just change one plug or plug wire at a time and go on to the next one. As far as the firing order goes its right on the top of the intake manifold.

Someone will come up with a picture soon enough.
  3. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member

thanks fiero,

[​IMG]
    i found the picture but i am confused about how this goes does the white circle in the distributor mean that is cylinder 1?
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I believe so but I am not sure, hopefully someone else will know. It’s been a long time since I did any work on my old 86 Burb, when we got the 94 Burb we retired the 86 to on the farm work only and haven’t had to work on it in over 3 years.
  5. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member

its cool man dont worry about it... thanks for the help you already have given...
  6. justcuz

justcuz New Member

Yes, it does. You can put number one anywhere you want, just as long as the firing order is right. I used to put number one on the passenger side right behind the vacuum advance on the distributor. It really does not matter as long as your rotor is pointing to number one and the piston is on TDC on the firing stroke. On all V engines number 1 cylinder is the first one on the bank sitting furthest forward.
  7. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member

8. GaryL

GaryL New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Rotate the engine until the timing marks are at 0 degrees top dead center and look at where the rotor is pointing. It will be pointing at either 1 or 6. Usually 1 is towards the front drivers side and 6 towards rear passenger side. Figure out which post on the cap that points to and start putting your wires on from there.
  9. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member

i got the general runnin!!!!!!
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  10. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member

its just cranking and cranking.. i think cylinder 1 is off...
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2007