1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

89 Suburban bucket to bench seat swap

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Michael Sullivan, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Michael Sullivan

Michael Sullivan New Member

Alright everybody,

If this is posted in the wrong place, by all means tell me and I'll post it in the right place, if you tell me where that is(newbie here).

I'm looking at taking out the bucket seats in my Sub and putting in a bench seat. What seats from donor trucks would fit? What years? I'm thinking that a seat from a 78 Silverado would fit in my 89 Suburban. Seems like front end is almost the same to me, but this may not be the case. Also, what do I need to worry about as far as bolt holes lining up and what not. Will a bench seat from another truck simply bolt in place using the same holes as the buckets or am I going to have to drill some holes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Sullivan