1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

9.5R16.5LT Tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by JRD761, Apr 25, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. JRD761

JRD761 New Member 100 Posts

On my 1977 (with stock rims).. I've got "9.5R16.5LT" tires..
    Is there any normal (i.e. "P265/70R16") tire that will fit on this rim?
    These "9.5R16.5LT" are pretty expensive.. lol!
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

16's won't fit the 16 1/2 rims. When I looked around a couple of years ago, I found some of the chain tire stores could get the 16.5 tires. They came in what I call the 'old' sizes (32x16 1/2), and I think there is size conversion chart on tirerack.com.

I ended up putting newer model wheels on my '85 van so I could use the 'new' size tires.

Good luck,
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

yeah 16.5's are getting hard to find. there was one 9.5R16.5 on tirerack for 160 each. tried finding some just by 16.5 rim but it wouldnt let me search that way. I dont remember the size we ran on our 1970 Ford E300 since it had the 16.5"s
  4. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member 100 Posts

I searched around some more, and yea, they're expensive. A couple of Craigslistings came up for humvee tires, but those are like 35's, and I don't know how much wheel well you have to work with.

Are your wheels 8 bolt? I think you're going to be better off converting over to a 16" rim and allow for more common tires. Like I said before, I did this to my van - and I get nice used tires from an EV service shop for free.
    Good luck, I'll keep looking...