1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

9 person seating in GMT400 Suburban? (or other years, for that matter)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by audihenry, Jan 8, 2012.

1. audihenry

audihenry New Member

Hey guys,

I have a '95 K1500 sub and it will fit 8 people including driver. However, I have been seeing on some websites that either this body or some of the newer ones will fit 9 people. Where exactly does the 9th person sit? Was there a folding seat in the cargo area?

If anyone has photos or some insights, I would really appreciate it!

2. Corso

Corso Member

The 9pass trucks don't have a center console between the front driver and passenger seats, making room for a 9th seat.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Like Corso said 9pass trucks have front bench seats.
    This version is popular in fleet vehicles where the interior isnt as nice.
    In the Navy we had 9 and 13 passenger Suburbans, they put a side sitting seat for two on each side of the cargo compartment with a bench up front.
    Real uncomfortable seating in the back, especially if your taller.

4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

We had one at the old construction company I worked for that was a 13 passenger that would carry the whole crew and tow a trailer with all our tools/equipment. The rear seats in the back area were uncomfortable even for a short person (I'm only 5'7").

5. audihenry

audihenry New Member

Thanks for the response, guys. Does anyone have any photos showing a cargo seating or a front bench setup? I haven't come across one anywhere, except for aftermarket.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I think all the rear cargo seats are aftermarket, most times their put in by conversion companies.
    Pictures of the front bench seat seem to be just as elusive, I know their factory but they dont make it one of their known options.