1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

90 burban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BurbanMan, Jul 31, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Ok. This is definitely going to be a slow project. I picked up this V1500 yesterday with a loose connecting rod in the 350 for $500. 0 rust that I have found. Gonna give it a bath a start yanking the motor for the 72ish corvette engine. Bought it from my bosses son in cortez and drove it to Delores. In that 10minute drive I made it a lot worse lol as I was nearing the driveway, the rod decided it wanted out and put a hole in the oil pan trying to find its way there lol! Sounded like a 14yro kid jerking off against a tin shed!

I'll take more photos after I get it cleaned up!

Attached Files:

2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Nothing done with getting it running again yet. Waiting for the tranny to get done. I did pick up a set of 16" steel rallies for it though. The fun part will be boring out the center hole to clear the hub. They currently measure 3" and I need them in the ballpark of 3 5/8" to clear the 3 1/2 locking hubs... :/ any tips are appreciated
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

By god progress has been made! Got the tranny welded up today

Attached Files:

4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Well. This project has been flushed. Went to work on a truck that already runs and I can't afford 2.

Meet "the turd"

Attached Files:

5. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

I'm with you. Sometimes, we just need to cut our losses and move on...
  6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

wouldn't be so bad, but I found out I can't get the title. Can't get a hold of the guy I bought it from and it's proving to be more trouble than its worth
  7. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

Man, that sucks... Best of luck with the new truck.
  8. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I hate to see an 80s bodystyle Suburban be given up on, but if you can't get the title, it's only good as an off-road only truck. The new truck looks nice. What year is it? It looks to be around 90-93.
  9. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

it's a 90. Yeah, I was really looking forward to that suburban. This one just wasn't meant to be I guess. I'll let it go to someone that can use it.