Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

90 Chevy C1500, No fuel @ injectors

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Grimm, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Grimm

Grimm New Member

I recently had my 90 Chevy C1500 broke into recently and steering column was destroyed, but had it rebuilt.. After I re-installed column and went to start all i got was crank but no start...Just to be clear truck was running fine before it was broke into.. I realized no fuel was making it to injectors; however, i am getting spark, ignition module tested good, pick up coil tested good, can hear fuel pump cycle.. got no light on fuel injector test though.. Have gone through everything I can think of.. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well, if the only thing damaged was the column, the problem has to be electric.

My guess was the fuel pump relay, but you say you can hear the pump run.

Hmmmm, if pump is running you should get fuel to the rail.

Are you sure it is the fuel pump and not something else, like maybe the rear suspension air compressor (if you have one)?

3. Grimm

Grimm New Member

No air ride.. I just dismissed the fuel pump relay because i could hear the pump running.. anything is worth a shot at this point though.. Also, after cranking the injectors are wet, but there is no spray.. Just isnt making sense..

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

There may be a clog in the fuel system if the injectors are getting some fuel.

5. Grimm

Grimm New Member

Any ideas on where to start on looking for a clog short of taking the TB apart/rebuild?? Fuel pressure is good from pump..

6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

well check the fuel filter and follow it up in to the evap and to the throttle body check pressures and use some thing like a thin wire to poke down the line to feel for any clogs.

7. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Ok, if they are wet, I'd check the pressure at the rail, maybe the "open" sig is not being sent to the injectors