1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

90 K1500 I have a few issues i need help with

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Muddigr, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Muddigr

Muddigr New Member

I bought a 90 K1500 w/5.7L 700r4 auto trans and a G80 rear-end. I was told all was good except for the engine. Well to make a long story short none of the drive train parts work. I had an extra 5.7L engine laying around already along with a GT4 rear-end from a 94 GMC K1500 that had a 4.3L with a manual trans and a 400 turbo trans and transfer case from a 89 K2500 if i can use it but thats the BIG question "IF"............ Somebody please help i've been with out my truck for WAY TO LONG...................
  2. zippstripp

zippstripp Member 1 Year

Sounds like a project. The engine,and trans should all bolt up together.May have to modify the cross member alittle and do something with the drive shaft.Not sure of yoke difference from 700R4 to 400 turbo. The 400 trans wont have the overdrive or the electrical connector. The rear end may be the problem. Really need to make sure it is the same gear ratio as the front diff. That will cause problems if they aren't.
  3. Muddigr

Muddigr New Member

I found out that the biggest issue id have with the 400 turbo is hooking up the detent solenoid. The front diff in it now also came from the 94 Gmc but after installing it i noticed that the passenger side axle shaft is slightly pulled out. The front diff that came with the 90 Chevy is sitting in my garage due to i figured it was bad also but it could be good.