1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

90 silverado 350 v8 TBI idle problem

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by jimbo1113, Nov 25, 2012.

1. jimbo1113

jimbo1113 New Member

I have a 90 5.7 TBI automatic 2wd shortbed that has a idle problem when cold and also when you ride it hard and come to a stop it adles ruff and actaully makes the check gauge light come on because the oil psi gauge seems to be dipping low enuff from the ruff idle to set it off. I checked the codes and got a egr and tps code originally. i replaced the tps and egr and egr controller. the egr code went away but the TPS is still there and still have the idle problem. has anyone had a similar probel? im ready to take off all the wires to sensor and look for a wiring issue at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Ok, so the EGR code went away, but the TPS code is still there? If so, there's some sort of calibration that's supposed to be done when installing a new one, and there's also a test to determine if the TPS is showing good. Both procedures should be located in your Haynes or Chilton manual.
  3. jimbo1113

jimbo1113 New Member

thanks. it does say that the TPS and TBI as one unit and i didnt do that or the tests they say to do.