1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'90 Suburban a/c air vents & switch question..?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by omnisi, May 17, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. omnisi

omnisi New Member 100 Posts

I just got the a/c on our '90 Sub repaired (compressor and all) and I noticed that when the a/c switch is in the "Normal" position, that the air flow still comes out as if the switch were on "Bi-level"....about 50/50.

Where do I need to start, or what do I need to do to get all/most of the air to come out of the dash vents when the switch is on "normal" ?

Thanks

BTW - Defrost works fine as does the "max"...
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If I could see i pic of the vent controller it would help, just cant picture its setup, I know its the two sliding levers though
  3. omnisi

Yes, its the slide levers with the pattern:

max - normal - bi level - vent - heat - defrost ...in that order, and the "normal" position is acting like the "bi level".
  4. vncj96

Your bi-level setting I am guessing isnt for the air, just cool or heat and your normal and max setting is specifically for ac, so this is by design, max is full ac.
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  5. omnisi

According to the controller, the a/c incorporates the "max-normal-bi level", then "Vent-heat" together, the "defrost" separate. So, the bi-level is part of the a/c control.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!
  6. vncj96

My 85 chev truck only had normal and max for he ac so i am guessing one of the blend doors is not moving correctly