Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

91 Burb only stalls at half a tank full

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by hoosyurdaddy, Apr 12, 2013.

1. hoosyurdaddy

hoosyurdaddy Rockstar

My Burb runs great. But when I get to half a tank or less it stalls while accelerating only after a slow down. If I come to a stop it is fine but if I roll thru a turn it will stall. Wont do it when the tank is full. I searched and searched but saw nothing similar. Anyone heard of this or any ideas before I start tearing into things?
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Just a guess here:
    Two thoughts have you been having fuel odors around the vehicle? Is the evap system in good shape? Cannister working correctly?
    Is there a possibiliy the fuel pump pickup has come off or has an issue inside the tank?
  3. hoosyurdaddy

hoosyurdaddy Rockstar

Good idea,the only fuel odor is after a fill up. But I think you are on to something, Good starting place. Thanks
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I would change the fuel filter and run some injector cleaner through the truck as a start both are cheap and even if they don't fix the issue they will only help the truck.
  5. zippstripp

zippstripp Member 1 Year

If the filter change doesn't work,possible internal leak at the pump. I have seen the rubber pump insulator(hose)between the pump and the feed tube split and let the fuel run back in the tank instead of going to the engine. When the tank is full this split is covered up with fuel. One more thought,make sure the fuel cap is venting properly to allow fuel to flow.