1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

91 chevy. truck turns over wont start. electrical.

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by robin623, Nov 27, 2012.

1. robin623

robin623 New Member

i have a 91 chevy 2500. 350 tbi. i recently hooked a electic/hydraulic motor to power a dump body. worked fine for a few days and wen i went to use it the other day, i operated the switch and when the bed was fully exteded i lost all poweri tried starting the truck thinkn that the battery didnt have enough juice and the truck wud turn over but not start. discovered that the injectors wernt getting fuel. the fuel pump was not coming on. i also had noticed that none of my lighting was working except for the light underthe hood. this was very dim. so i pulled the key out and noticed my check engine light wass on as well as a few other dash warning lights. i also noticed i have continuity with the positive battery lead to ground indicating a short. no wires are chaffed. all fuses are good...any ideas?? thanks![​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

Check both your main positive cable to the starter, and the main ground cable to the intake. I'd bet one of those is a bit toasty.
    If it's not those, then you'll need to check the circuits one by one.
  3. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like you may have had a ground circuit failure. Take a good, hard look at all your ground wires, not just the negative battery cable. I would also check the connections on the bus bar under the cover at the top of the firewall. You may have fried a fusible link the way to check them is just to grab and pull. If if comes apart, you've found your problem.
    Good Luck and God Bless