Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

91 Silverado orifice tube location?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by gofish, Nov 23, 2009.

1. gofish

gofish New Member

HI folks,
    I'm new here.
    Have a 91 Silveraado extended Cab 350 loaded. 240,000 km. I love this truck and am doing some A/C repairs. Replacing the compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube and converting to R134a refrigerant.
    I have a couple of questions as follows:

1) Where is the orifice tube located?

2) How do I purge the system, before getting it charged? Or do I drive it to a shop after installing the new components and have them do the purging and recharging?

3) How much oil goes into the new accumulator, and how much into the new compressor?

I understand that I need to put the new oil in the new compressor and in the new accumulator, I'm ok with that, but I read somewhere that after doing so, I should have the system "purged" I think was the word. Then get it refilled. I do most of my own repairs, but until now have had nothing to do with A/C.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Steve