Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

92 Burban w/350 idling alittle rough

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by jbird, Jan 21, 2008.

1. jbird

jbird New Member

bought a 92 burban with a 350 with 195,000 miles on the body and about 20,000 on the newer motor. it sat for about 8 months to a yr. before i got the chance to start it up. checked the tranny flu. and oil flu. tranny flu was alittle low, so i added some qt's. the oil looked ok. also the gas was very low,so i also added some [1/2 tank]. while out driving sat. after noon after checking everthing and letting it run alittle,it started to idle rought and while driving it started to run rough. like it wanted to shut down. anyone have any idea's? after getting back home i checked somethings, everything checked out good,but the air filter was nasty[needs to e changed]. i'm thinking it could be fuel pump,fuel filter,air filter,sencer of some type. thank you for anyone willing to help.

2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Could be a lot of things, do the basics first that should be done to any vehicle that sits for an extended period.

Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, change oil, gas & air filter, smell trany fluid. If it was quarts low you may have a burnt trany. Smell the fluid, if it smells like burnt almonds it is most likely in need of a rebuild.

On the rough idle it could be something as simple as a loose plug wire.

3. Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke Rockstar 100 Posts

If it acted as if it was starving for fuel, that fuel filter might not have been changed in a while. You can always see what comes out of it. (backwards).

4. jbird

jbird New Member

84fiero123. you have a good point.but you talk about smelling the tranny oil, are you talking about after it runs after awhile smell it? thank you. holy smoke thank you

5. Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke Rockstar 100 Posts

I think, anytime, it should smell like burnt almonds. (hold one, let me go burn some almonds).