1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

92 Chevy Silverado shuts down when place in gear

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by waianaechevys, Apr 17, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. waianaechevys

waianaechevys New Member

It has 250k miles. ran great with new trans. now its sitting on the road... pls help
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Check your transmission fluid. When the fluid is low and you shift into gear the motor will die. Whoever done your tranny probably forgot to tighten a line or something. Good luck and Welcome to the GMTC, good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  3. BASSIST

BASSIST New Member 100 Posts

I have also seen that happen when the valve body is plugged.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your truck and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:
  5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site. I'm sorry that happened right after getting a new trans. Sounds like you've put some miles on that truck. When you get a chance, post some pictures up so we can all enjoy it as well.
  6. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog New Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

:sign0016: Welcome to the club and enjoy the site......
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!