1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

92 Door Panels

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by alex16, Apr 28, 2007.

1. alex16

alex16 New Member

I just recently bought a 93 Suburban for pretty cheap, its a 350/700R4(i believe) and I am VERY familiar with working on their drivetrain, but not the body/interior. My door panels are shot driver and passenger.... whats my best bet? I want nice ones because I will be using this truck as a daily and weekend fishing/camping vehicle (I almost passed out when I saw the front seats go into the floor making room for me to sleep in the back).

My idea's...

-Search Junkyards for a gray set like mine in better shape

-Dealership NOS panels if I can get them

-Newer model suburban door panels?

I already Love my suburban and I will post some more pics once shes clean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(also forgive the ugly pics...she was neglected in her past life)

(Just so you know...I'm a diehard RWD import fan..whom was looking for a reliable truck to pull a trailer but found this luckily. I am working around a 300+ chevy truck/van vehicle fleet from yr model 84-07 so I am very familiar with their mechanics)
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Alex Welcome,
    If I'm not mistaken you can use doors until model 99.
    I use to own a 93 Suburban and I think it's an electronic tranny 4L60E :neutral:
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Alex, Welcome aboard. I had an 89 Chev p/u which had a tough interior too. I too wandered around wreckin' yard for stuff and then on a hunch I checked dealership. I bought door panels, arm rest and center console (cheap). So check wreckin' yard but also check dealer just in case.
    Nice find on the Suburban too (good exterior)

Thanks for joining us.
    Good luck, post back on how your makin' out along the way...
    Since your mechanically inclined we too could use you input here and there
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I beleive Dave is right, about the doorpads but i have been known to be wrong.
  5. alex16

alex16 New Member

Thanks Dave, I was thinking the same thing and they are the exact same doors so it shouldn't take much to swap to newer panels. As far as I know with experience with the 5.7..... the TBI version is prob the best engine GM has ever made (imo), we have van's pushing 200k(hard miles) miles with it and no probs. We have vans with the quadrojet pushing 160k miles(hard miles)...with blow-by requiring a overhaul. We then have the newer 5.7 vortec...with the constant 60-90k miles (hard miles) intake manifold gasket failure. It's just the vortec makes alot more power with the king crab injection system...as so we call it at the shop. I'm waiting on my insurance company settlement for some spending cash on the beast.

Does anybody know if there were any Regency version suburban's or other custom's for my generation? I would love to convert the interior to Regency standards, or at least close. Pics and info would be awsome.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Regency converted thousands of 92-99 Suburbans.
    A lot of the interior pieces from the 00-04 Suburbans fit's in your truck also. I used seats, carpeting, and a headliner from a 04 on my 97 when I updated the interior. You may have to make slight modifications on the seat mounts and some new cuts in the carpet and a little trimming on the headliner but it all fits.
  7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

tbplus, wanna come over to the great state of Louisiana (**snicker**) and do all these mods that are over my head that I wanna do ;) I got alot of interior restoration I wanna do.
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If only I had the time.
    Nothings over your head, break out the tools, start measuring and planning and before you know it you'll be done. Your generation truck (91 Suburban) is the easiest to mod, theres so many possible years to pick parts from, 73-91 will fit later years can be made to fit, sometimes bolt on, other times you might have to break out the saw and welder and get a little creative. Look up www.truckinmagazine.com sometime, they usually have a lot of tips on interior and exterior customizing.
    Ever thought about taking a course at a local community college? I learned advanced auto body customizing at a community college as an elective course a few years ago. They had an interior upholstery cours I wanted to take at the time but couldnt schedule it in.
  9. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare Rockstar 100 Posts

My 1990 Suburban has the regency conversion. It's okay, but I plan on cleaning the look up.
  10. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

not familiar with that conversion. can you post some pics please?