Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

92 gmc sputtering

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by redneckGMC, Aug 2, 2013.

1. redneckGMC

redneckGMC New Member

I have a 92 gmc k1500. When i start it it idels bout 1000 rpm ans when i put it in gear the idle drops to bout 400 rpm and it starts to shake. When im driving it runs ok but going up a hill it starts to shake real bad. I pulled the plugs and i will be replacing them. Im confused on what the problem might be.

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. More than likely the plugs will help but I would replace the wires too and then see how it does. I only use AC delco plugs and wires. They just seem to work best. :glasses:

3. redneckGMC

redneckGMC New Member

Ok i have been reading on what else could be wrong and other people have said an iac valve, tps sensor, map sensor . Im going to do a full tune up later today and hopefully it fixes the issue. My truck has no trouble codes.

4. redneckGMC

redneckGMC New Member

Just changed the plugs and that fixed the issue.

5. RSM2

RSM2 New Member

I always use AC Delco parts when doing a tune-up. All that aftermarket crap never seems to last as long.

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of our Forum....Glad you found the answer to your problem!