92 K1500 drum questions

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by BPK63, Sep 13, 2012.

1. BPK63

BPK63 New Member

New here looking for a forum where somebody might be able to answer my drum brake questions. I've had this truck a few years mainly plow my driveway and go to the dump. Blew a rear brake line and it was pretty much a rust bucket under there. Replaced all the lines, brakes, drums, cylinders, everything back there. Just a couple questions as I've done lots of drum brakes over the years but these are a little odd. First of all the brake shoes are identical no leading shoe. No big deal I guess. The adjuster is high up and not near the bottom, and not where you can adjust it from outside so I assume I would adjust just enough to get the drum on and I'm good? Also the adjuster has a funny metal tab in the middle was wondering what that is for it just seems to spin. Just don't want to miss anything before I put the tires back on. Thanks.

2. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

This is a automatic adjuster..back up push ebrake slowly down ..shoes will adjust.
    May take a couple of times .

3. BPK63

BPK63 New Member

Brake pedal or ebrake pedal?