1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

92 K1500 no heat

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by jroc, Jan 20, 2013.

1. jroc

jroc New Member

I have a 92 K1500 with the 5.7. Recently replaced the blower motor after 3 weeks the control panel went out, replaced the control panel yesterday that did not work. It has power to the panel checked fuses, that all checks fine. Not sure what else it could be...
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

what makes you think it was the control panel? Blower stop working at low speeds? Resistor?
  3. jroc

jroc New Member

there is power to the panel however there is no power to anything else in the heating/ac system. Not sure if this would be caused by the resistor or a relay. I have checked the input power there is power to the panel but that is as far as the power goes. Dont really want to spend the money on the mechanic but considering nobody on here as any idea I guess that is what I am going to have to do.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  4. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

Are you saying the blower doesn't work, or that none of the HVAC system is working? Since you recently replaced the blower motor, are you sure BOTH the power and ground wires have good connections?
  5. Val's90

Val's90 New Member

From 88 to 90, use a different control panel from 1991 to 1994. 88 to 90 panel works with three speed blowers, 1991 to 94 works with 4 speed blowers. 88 -90, 91-94 panels look very similar except the yellow button. It has been move to make room for the longer speed button. The panels are not interchangeable, because the blowers either have a three or four speeds. Your 92 has a four speed blower. First make sure your panel and blower are jiving, then check your resister.
  6. James4012

James4012 Member

I had a 90 K1500 that was like this at one time. Their are two plugs that hang off the back of the radio/AC cluster that go to a little computer looking box under the steering wheel. One pretty much just gives power to the lights when you turn the head lights on. The other I was assuming was the power line for it but I'm guessing the cluster came out of a 93 or so because the plug was different then the input slot I had for it. I tried running a toggle switch like an old truck only to find out that the gate for the blower opens electronically(from my guessing). It would blow, but never blew hot air, even though the hose was hot under the hood and everything. I just grabbed a blanket for long trips XD