1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

92 Scottsdale Computer

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by komputatek, Oct 4, 2011.

1. komputatek

komputatek New Member

I recently got a 92 Chevy Scottsdale K2500. It starts, runs, but is very sluggish. The service engine light is on anytime the key is on. I've had the battery cable off for an extended time, but when I reconnect the light immediately comes back on as soon as the key is turned. If I jumper the diagnostic plug to ground it so I can read the codes it never flashes codes, even #12. It remains solid. It never flashes.

Is the computer bad or is there another problem?

Thanks.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You say when the key is on.. do you mean engine running? If the engine isnt running the cel will be on. Otherwise yes it sounds like you have an issue with the PCM.. luckly they are cheap and fairly easy to get to.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Visit your local pull a part junkyard, and for $25.00 you can get a computer for your truck. There is also a free test you can do to see if the computer is bad, start the truck and let it idle. Take a 1/4 inch drive extension and tap lightly on the side of the computer, if the engine changes idle or stumbles then it is bad.