92 Sonoma Lowered about 2-3". Want it lifted a little.

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by MaxDaMonkey, Jul 6, 2011.

1. MaxDaMonkey

MaxDaMonkey New Member

Would like to have it relifted but first find out what was removed or changed to allow for the lowering.

I have someone to help with the lift but need to figure out what they did to lower it. I'm very inexperianced in thi stuff so learning as I go. If anyone has an idea of what they may have done to drop it please let me know. Let me know what to check to confirm the idea as well.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Is this a 2wd or 4x4 truck?

3. MaxDaMonkey

MaxDaMonkey New Member

Rare 2WD (RWD) GMC Sonoma SLE 4.3L v6 Vortec A/T w/Club Cab

4. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

With the front its either spindles or spring and the rear is either lowering blocks or drop leafs

Hope its just springs and blocks that's a easy swap the other two are easy too but just a little more indepth if your not experienced in suspension

5. MaxDaMonkey

MaxDaMonkey New Member

So how would I identify what of these options were used? As in what should I be looking for?

6. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

The rear will be easy there will be a block between the axle and where the leaf spring bolts together

The front is another story, best way to tell the front is to get it up in the air or pull a tire off and see if the spindle or spring has a aftermarket name on it or you will have to measure the spindle and compare it to a stock one. if the spindle is the same length as a stock one then you will have lowering springs