1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

92 Suburban abs

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ppilguy, Jan 23, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ppilguy

ppilguy New Member

1992 Sub 1500 4x4, how to clear abs and brake warning lights, started with droping pedal, changed master, now brakes stop fine, warning lights now on with no codes I can read with a cheap scaner, was told may need whole abs controller?
    Thanks Pete
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Disconnect the positive battery cable for a couple of minutes. 94 and older vehicles are OB1 and don’t need a scanner to clear codes.
  3. zippy

zippy New Member 100 Posts

You're assuming the problem has been solved. I couldn't get the ABS light to clear in my '93 'Burb. I'd just done new rotors and calipers, what could be wrong? I eventually came to the realization that the parts house had given me an unmatched 'pair' of new rotors: one with the toothed sensor ring and one without. I'd failed to notice the difference during installation, but the internal code cops didn't.
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Older vehicles, 94 and older do not need a reader. Simply take a paper clip and bend it in a u shape and plug it in the connector under the dash in plug A & B then turn the ignition to the on position.

The check engine light will flash the 12 code, one short flash
    on. A pause then2
    Short
    flashes, that is the 12 code saying the system is functioning properly.

It should flash that code 3 times then any error codes that are there will flash in sequence one after the other.

If the 12 code continues to flash the system has no error codes stored.