1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

92 Water leaking in on the left side of the truck

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by ezzieleach, Jul 22, 2013.

1. ezzieleach

ezzieleach New Member

The driver side floor of my truck always had an inch of water whenever it rained.

I sealed the vent hole behind the left kick panel, but there is still water leaking in. I sprayed the wind shield with garden hose, but didn't notice any leaks.

I'm thinking about taking the truck to a car wash, and see if I can spot the problem. Would you guys be able to give me some suggestions on where it might leak?

(My truck is a 1992 S-10 Chevy with a 4.3 engine.)

Thank you! :)
  2. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

On the obs fullsize trucks, the problem comes from under the cowl under the windshield on the outside. Something about screws down there leatting water in. MAybe try that?
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yes, on the full size trucks there was an issue with water traveling down the screws that hold the cowl in place. It was an easy fix. Just remove the screws, coat the threads in silicon and reinstall. You might want to check that the drain ports that drain the area under the cowl are open. If you pull the cowl off, you will see a line of caulk type material where the cab and firewall join together. Occasionally, the sealant in that area fails and leaks. Also, Does it have a sunroof?
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  4. Do you have a cargo light? Is the gasket around the light intact? My 92 C1500 leaked there and the driver side floor would get wet when it rained...