1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

93 1500w/t brake light switch prob.

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by challutz, Nov 18, 2009.

1. challutz

challutz New Member

Anybody know how many volts I should be getting to the brake light switch. I keep burning the points up inside the switch. When truck is off I have close to 12 volts however when its running its getting the full power of the alterator at 13.8 volts. Is there a diode somewhere between the alt. and the switch??? Anyone have a wiring diagram for that year. thanx cw
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Sounds like you have a short in the brake light circuit. 13.8vdc is ok. Are the turn signals ok? The stoplight circuit is wired through the turn signal switch. You could have a problem with the wiring in the steering column.

Goto www.autozone.com Enter your vehicle info and under the "repair info" tab then "Vehicle Repair Guides" and drill down to the wiring diagram.