Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

93 s10 no high idle when its cold outside

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by eldoark, Dec 10, 2011.

1. eldoark

eldoark New Member

93 s10 2.8 5 spd. now that its cold outside my truck does not want to high idle and keeps stalling out. but after i get going it bucks and hesitates for about a block or so than runs fine. any ideas?

2. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

If you don't have a high idle when you start it, I'd take a look at the IAC pintle and the passages in the TBI. Unscrew the IAC (idle air control) and clean the pintle with carb and choke cleaner. Also, spray some down into the hole while you have it out and see what happens. You also might want to scan the computer and see if the IAT sensor and the Coolant Sensor are reading correctly. They should read the same on a cold engine before startup.
    Good Luck and God Bless