1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

93 spindle torque

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by btm88tc, Mar 22, 2014.

1. btm88tc

btm88tc New Member

Does anyone know how tight the spindle nut goes? where can I find a online Chilton or Hayes manual? Also how tight for the end links?
  2. Dana W

Dana W Member

The end links of what? Tie rod or sway bar? I know the sway bar has end links, and the tie rod has "ends", but we have to be sure what we're reffering to.

2x2 or 4x4? Makes a BIG difference.
    4x4 the front axle nut torque is somewhere in the area of 175 ft lbs and the bearing carrier is separate from the axle.

Since I have never seen a 93 front end assy, It's possible that the 2x2 has a bearing carrier like the 4x4 but I don't think so. IF it is an old school 2x2 spindle nut there is almost no torque, just enough to hold the bearings snug but free. spindle (stub axle) is the bearing carrier. Haynes manual at Autozone, the online ones are not free.

Since you asked this question, GET THE MANUAL, you really need it.
  3. gwhitten

gwhitten New Member

Tighten nut to 16 N-m (12 ft-lbs) while turning the wheel forward by hand. This will seat the bearings.
    Adjust nut to "just loose" position by hand. Then back the nut off until the hole in the spindle aligns with a slot in the nut. DO NOT BACK THE NUT OFF MORE THAN 1/4 TURN.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts