1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

93 Sub factory radio problems

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by nitrozamboni, Oct 13, 2009.

1. nitrozamboni

nitrozamboni New Member

When I recently bought my 93 Sub the only thing that needed fixing was the radio. The guy I bought it from said it had cut in and out for awhile then died completely. Wouldn't even turn on. It's a three part deal with the buttons near the wheel, the c/d down in the middle of the dash where you can just reach it and the brains of the unit up behind the ash tray under the dash. I removed all that and replaced it with an aftermarket system. I'd like to sell the components but don't know which part is the problem. I'm guessing it's the box under the dash. Anyone out there have a similar experience?
    Thanks for any input you may have. :great:
  2. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy Member

I have an 88 cheyenne and that problem with the radio too. I don't have anything in that hard to reach place though. I took a voltage meter and got power coming from the brains(behind the dash) so I'm assuming the problem is with the controler(with the buttons) It probly isn't the cd player though but it might, try to see if you have power coming from the brains but other than that I have no idea. and If you figure out the problem maybe I will buy your stuff. Hope that helped! -Dave
  3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Its hard to say what might be the problem. You may have a fuse in the back or inside the radio. Hope this may help you. Good Luck.:neutral:
  4. nitrozamboni

nitrozamboni New Member

Thanks guys, I'll putter around with it when I've got the time.