1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

93 suburban head ache

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by wobble-dude, Jun 19, 2012.

1. wobble-dude

wobble-dude New Member

i have a 93 suburban7.4l 4x4 popping when accelerating. i have chenged distributor,plugs , wires , cap , rotor, and fuel pump . any ideas on what could be the problem ? truck starts and idles fine
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hard to tell from your description, but it sounds like spark knock.

Try some high test gas.

If it goes away, the combustion chambers need to be cleaned.
  3. Naptime

Naptime New Member 100 Posts

What he said.
  4. RallySTX

RallySTX New Member 100 Posts

Popping under the hood, or out the exhaust? Does it miss while popping, or run fine but pop anyway? Does the smell of raw gas follow you arround? What does your tail pipe look like?Are you sure there are no restrictions in the air intake or exhaust? Is everything under the hood still hooked up? Sounds like the timing is way off. Has it lost any power or does it loose power when this happens?
    Brian L.
  5. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member 100 Posts

Mine was popping under the hood. Turned out that my injectors needed some real TLC. I would suggest a professional injector service, or something more aggressive than just the in-tank stuff. It cured my problem, which sounds very similar to yours...
  6. wobble-dude

wobble-dude New Member

The popping is under the hood . Today i had the throttle body and injectors rebuilt . checked timming and filled up with 92 octane fuel. Still popping
  7. RallySTX

RallySTX New Member 100 Posts

Have you reverified the fuel pressure? Check and clean all ground wires, look for vacume leaks, and give it a compreession check.
    Brian L.