1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

93 Suburban, question about putting in an aftermarket CD player.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by djturnz, Dec 6, 2010.

1. djturnz

djturnz Member

I know about the adaptor that replaces the equalizer, and the pocket for the stock location. My question is, where do I get a wiring harness that is 3ft long or whatever to reach the stock location? I assume the harness is behind the factory radio?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

3. djturnz

djturnz Member

I guess so? I found a couple guys on ebay selling the center dash adaptor, pocket for the stock location, harness and antenna adaptor as a kit, but I assume that I need a harness that will reach from the tape deck area all the way to the stock radio location.

The harness you linked to says 48 inch in the title, but 5inch in the description. So I don't know.

Am I correct that the factory harness is behind the stock radio? I guess it could be behind the tape deck/ equalizer as well? Not sure. I was hoping to find someone that did this with an old Suburban already before ripping into the dash.

4. djturnz

djturnz Member

Nobody? I got the dash pieces and it came with the 5inch harness. I'd rather not add 3ft of wire if I can just get the right piece first.