1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

94 Blazer Fullsize - Rear Shock Mount Idea

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by DoubleTap308, Nov 13, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. DoubleTap308

DoubleTap308 New Member

I have a 94 Fullsize Blazer and here's my problem:

The upper rear shock mounts are pretty rusted, to the point that I can't get the bolts out. Eventually I'll get them out but the mount will be shot.

Here's what I was thinking for a solution:

I can cut off the old shock mount and run a different setup. I was thinking along the lines of the 84 Suburban I have which is just a bolt through the shock eyelet and then into the frame. After I tighten it down I can tack weld it in place. I will probably have to use some spacers to get the right spacing off the frame

Anyone have any kind of input on this idea.... good, bad, other solutions? :neutral:
  2. DoubleTap308

DoubleTap308 New Member

BTT Anyone still around on these forums?
  3. thrasher

thrasher New Member 100 Posts

A few pics would be helpful, but can you get to the area with a cut off wheel? Might be easier to just cut the bolt heads or whatever is holding it in & then pop the bolts out with a drift.