1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

94 burb trans ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by soloimpression, Sep 25, 2012.

1. soloimpression

soloimpression New Member

Alright hi all i just have to see if anyone else has had this same bad luck. I lost the 2-4 band in my trans pulled the trans took it to a shop paid him to rebuild it. Once i got it back i put it back in than i had all gears but i had to manually shift all gears. I called him up drop off he said it should be a 10 min fix. well with me working so much a couple of days turned in a few weeks maybe even a month or two with no word from him i called him up he said that he looked at it and it would caost just as much money as a paid him to rebuild it. Now i am hot mad i told him i was coming to get my truck after i picked it up (and he stole my battery) i only had 2nd gear and park now the vechile has sat for about 9 month to a 1 only moving it when needed and on day boom i have reverse. Than a month later i have all gears back again but i have to manually shift again. I have not done anything with this but move it not far maybe drive it a mile or so just to keep fluids moving. I just cant get a concept of why only one gear than the others came back any thoughts or experiance with this thank you Jay
  2. oldmanstruck

oldmanstruck New Member

my 88 is doing the same thing and I still try to figure out what to do.
    Sounds like a bad rebuild? Is it from a shop? I did check out my local craigslist and see if I can find a good rebuilder, no luck. Also worry about someone/shop will take everything apart and come back with "higher" price.
    I might want to have someone else check it for you. Good luck

In my case, I just spoke with a local shop which said $1600 to rebuild and install