94 Burban locking issues....

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Nick Keck, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

So since i bought my burban recently the power locks haven't worked on the middle doors, which very inconvenient not a major worry of mine. Until i realized the power locks on the back doors also don't work and there isn't any way to lock it :(

Can anyone tell me if there is a fuse for the back half of the trucks locks? Or some sort of a common issue on these for the power locks to quit working?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Most likely the switches need to be cleaned. You will have to remove the door panel. And clean them with contact cleaner, or else you will have to replace one or two of them. I had this problem on my old silverado. (same doors) and it wa the switches.. Try cleaning them first and see how it goes.. And if that doesnt work then we will all try to help you from there.
  3. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

thanks.......
  4. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Nick - I had the same thing happen, 1999 suburban. The two rear doors stopped locking, the back barn door stopped as well. I had the shop look at them and it was actually all three actuators that needed replaced. I didn't bother. Fortunately the door in back has a lock I can manually lock it with. Try the switch cleaning first.

I would guess, though, that if you are trying to lock the doors via the front door switch (you don't have a key fob, do you?) it should lock the rear doors even if your rear switches need cleaned?

Anyway.... good luck with your issue. Hopefully someone else will have an idea or tip for you.
  5. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

yea im gonna look deeper into it. I have a feeling it prolly is the actuators. Thanks for the help.
  6. Had to replace the middle doors actuators on my '96 Suburban. The drivers side middle door twice.
  7. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

you know this wouldn't be such a big deal if i had a door key lol
  8. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Naa you dont need those......:lol: