94 Cherverolet Truck wont start

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SEB, Apr 24, 2010.

1. SEB

SEB New Member

Truck just turns & turns. I tried replacing the ignintion module in the dist. But the truck still wouldnt start & the Injectors are not squirting fuel in to the throttle Body.

Im sure knowing my luck its the fuel pump gone bad! But want to elimnate any other problems first that are much easier to fix then just jumping to replacing the fuel pump when its a big job.

So does anyone know where the Fuel Pressure Relay is on a 94 GMC 1500 2WD

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The fuel pump relay is under the plastic cover under the hood on the pass side... try hitting the bottom of the tank and seeing if that will "jump" start the pump..

3. SEB

SEB New Member

I tried hitting it with my hands & couldnt get it to start. I just hope its not the fuel pump.

If so. What all do I have to disconnect from the Fuel tank before I drop it & any tips?

4. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Can you swap a relay??

5. murdog94

Yeah it just has a connector like any relay.. But i doubt its the relay most likely the fuel pump even with a bad pressure regulator there would still be a couple of drops of fuel at the injectors.

6. SEB

SEB New Member

Big the relay is a easy swap & I will just use a relay next to the Fuel Relay to check & see if the Fuel Pressure Relay has gone bad.

More then likely the Fuel Pump is bad on this truck & I am just going to have to bite the bullet & pull up my boot straps & drop the tank.

I noticed there is quite a few lines running to the tank & going to disconnect the ones I see. Any other tips to make dropping this tank easier would be greatly apprecited!

7. murdog94

Nope it is a mother_____... However a good floor jack and a long board to help lift and also to help drop the tank will help.
    And depending on where you are located it might be a good idea to get the whole sending unit rather than just the pump. Here in MN the lines get rusted and brake off of the sending unit.