1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

94 Chevy K1500 gushing transmission fluid from front seal

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by amysantiques@hotmail.com, Nov 9, 2012.

1. I've got an awesome 1994 Chevy K1500 with a 350 turbo transmission that is leaking or should I say gushing transmission fluid from the front seal bad and I need some help!!!

When I started my truck the other day, transmission fluid started pouring out the front seal.

So we replaced the front seal, changed the transmission filter, flushed tranny & made sure the vent tube wasn't clogged. But when we started it, truck is still GUSHING fluid from the front seal???? We cant figure out why???

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. I don't know anything about transmissions but if you post this in the tech section of this forum you will get better results. :glasses:

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC! I would post your issue in one of the tech forums with pics if you can and more description. Also add in how many miles it has. Your pump may be the problem or one of several things. It is odd that id only leaks while the truck is on no when it it sitting because it should at least drip from the leak while sitting.

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Good advice in the posts above! Good luck!

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Welcome to GM Truck Club!

6. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club

7. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

Why do you have a turbo 350 in a truck that should have a 4l60e? And my best guess on the leaking is that the front pump is toast.