1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

94 chevy silverado 5.7 wont stay running

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by therik, Mar 25, 2013.

1. therik

therik New Member

hello I got a 94 chevy Silverado, my issue is when its wet and moist out like from all this snow we getting here in the Midwest, my truck will start up and start to warm up just fine after running for about 5 to 10 minutes. After such time it will rev up and down while idling until finally it just dies. But when im driving it if I hold the pedal steady the motor will just slowly die out unless I pull my foot from the pedal and reapply it it will rev back up a short time and it will just keep doing it until i turn it off, i replaced rotor, cap, wires, plugs, and ignition module. i looked over the distributor cap and it has no cracks. im wondering if it might be the coil or maybe the voltage regulator in the alternator. i do notice when it its acting up it basically dumps gas in, cause the gas gauge will steadily just flow down just trying to drive around town. any opinions or informed guesses appreciated. thank you
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. I don't really know much about the truck you have but I know someone on here can help you out. :glasses:
  3. therik

therik New Member

thank you and glad to be aboard
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

It sounds like a fuel problem. Carburetors would cause a stalling problem like your talking about. I don't remember what the '94 350s had for fuel input, I think it was a throttle body with an internal fuel jet.

It may need cleaning, or you might have to replace it. I'd give the cleaning a try.
  6. geo1

geo1 Member

what condition where the plugs in,using fuel to me seems like it is excessive,fuel pressure regulator?