94 k1500 no spark

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by conceptualbass1, May 29, 2012.

1. conceptualbass1

conceptualbass1 New Member

hey all, i have a 94 gmc k1500 and am getting no spark. plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and ignition coil have all been replaced. i am not getting any current out of the ignition coil itself. originally i thought it may be a fuel issue so the fuel pump and filter were both checked and are working properly. what would be the next item to check/replace? sorry if the question has been brought up before but i did a search and couldnt come up with an answer.

2. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

if it is a vortec check your crank shaft sensor.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

also check your pick up coil on the distributor

3. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

What you have changed either the ignition module in side distributor or pickup coil on distributor. shaft.
    Can take ign. module to auto parts for a test . see if it is good.

4. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Check all your grounds and check the wire from the battery to your starter...ive seen them go bad and once i replaced them,worked like new!

5. conceptualbass1

conceptualbass1 New Member

ok, thanks guys i will try those things and see what happens. thanks for the ideas.

6. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X2 what Dipstick says on the Ignition Control Module.

If you have a bad Ground connection, and it looses connection while the engine is running, the Ign. Con. Mod. with fry.

7. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I am having the same problem. I don't know much about engines and am learning as I go, but would a bad ground to the battery have an issue with spark? I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, just curious.

conceptualbass1-any luck with the truck, I personally am starting to run out of patience, lol.

8. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yes, that too would be an issue.

However, you would get nothing when trying to start, let alone a spark issue.

9. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

So I am having the same problem, and thought maybe I had a ground issue. I replaced the battery to intake ground and now it feels like my truck is going to start, but does not. I also looks like the plugs are not getting fuel because when I pull them, they are dry, but I can smell gas when I try and start my truck.