1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

94 K2500 diesel swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by montman46, Mar 1, 2012.

1. montman46

montman46 New Member

I'm sure someone out there has swapped a gas engine into a 6.5 diesel truck. I really like the truck and I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row,would it be simple?( I think it would)or should I sell the truck and get a newer unit.I can't get an answer on wether I could put in a newer 5.3 or 6.0.I know with enough time and money anything is possible .I've got lots of time but fairly limited on money,I could also go with a Gen 1 small block or a vortec big block which should be cheaper.My 6.5 has 290k miles and still runs well but repairs and parts are pricey.My truck is a 4WD with a 4L80 trans Thanks
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

I have heard and read many of swaps on this issue and all seemed relatively simple(for mechanically inclined)and inexpensive.
    Google or go to you tube and my bet is you will find a complete discourse on the swap
  3. MTM

MTM New Member

Send a message to DAREDEVIL will answer any question you could want. I'm actually about to begin this same swap in a few week. I'm ordering the motor online and then have a tranny shipped also.....Can't wait to get started

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

I'm the same way I want this truck and don't really want to do any other swap because they require to much other mods. The 6.5 is such an easy conversion and you can get a relative good amount of power from them. They take a good deal of money to get them to have a lot of power but great motors. I talked to a guy at a diesel drags and he was making 620hp so the power is possible