1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

94 Power Locks on a Non Power Truck?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by kuziwr, Nov 12, 2009.

1. kuziwr

kuziwr New Member

I have a 94 GMC Sierra K1500 SL. It came stock with no power options. I managed to grab some doors off of a 94 Sierra 3500 Crew Cab. I wired up the windows with no problems, but now with the locks i cant figure it out. In my Hanes manual, there is a difference in wiring with the 4 doors and te 2 doors. With 2 doors there are no relays, with 4 doors there are. I grabbed the Door lock relay with the 6 pins on it, and it seems pretty simple, but when i hook it up like it is on the diagram it dosnt work.

Ive found out that when one wire from the actuator has power and i ground the other, the door either locks or unlocks depending on the wire i power and ground.

My truck is a regualr cab, so I hooked up both doors together thinking the problem was resistance. Didnt work. Hooked it up without a relay. Didnt work.
    The door lock switch is grounded and it has power and i cant figure out whats wrong.

Please if you can help let me know, ive gone through so many wire connectors, i could probly buy a new truck by now

Rory