1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'94 Silverado 4x4 issue

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Snickerdog, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Snickerdog

Snickerdog New Member

Today, driving to school.. I needed to engage my 4x4, and I did.. It worked fine until I got out onto the street then I got to about 10mph and my truck started to pull right then jerk left, pull right again and kept doing so until I took it out of 4x4.... This is only in 4x4 too... I tried both High and low.. Same thing happened. Any ideas on what it could be?

Truck has 170k mi 5.7L V8 VORTEC 350.

- Thanks,

Sean
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what do you mean it was fine until you got to the street? were you in deep snow going to a cleared street?
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sounds a lot like youve bound up the front end or T case.
    Try running it on a low traction surface, slowly forward and backwards to seee if it free's up some.
    Even though their designed to help traction 4wds dont like good traction, it makes parts go snap when all 4 wheels start going and theres no way to slip and bleed off excess power.
  4. Snickerdog

Snickerdog New Member

It was a good amount of snow to a un-plowed street and I'll try the low traction idea. I hope its not the transfer-case/front pumpkin... I've already rebuilt my final drive and that was a pain in the ass.