1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

94 Suburban 5.7 heater core

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by blueninja, Jul 12, 2010.

1. blueninja

blueninja New Member

I'm pretty sure my heater core is leaking due to the the fact that i have a sweet kind of smell fluid on the passenger side.

How hard is it to replace it myself or is their any way i can loop it till i can get it to the auto shop?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
  2. trapperdon

trapperdon New Member 100 Posts

check the firewall and under the dash on passenger side, look at the hoses going into it,
    just to see if the hose clamps are tight. no reason to replace if it turns out to be a loose clamp
    and a 2 minute fix...
    real easy to fix and/ or replace, and you can find em easy at a junk yard.
    alot of yards even rebuild radiators & heaters, so you might be able to get one thats guaranteed
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Or else go with a new one with a lifetime warranty. I believe it is Autozone that sells one with the lifetime guarantee... As for looking it yet you can loop the in and out line together to get you to the shop if it is leaking that bad.
  4. blueninja

blueninja New Member

Thanks Guys for all the info! Replaced with a new heater core from Auto Zone. It was a snap to do beside the tiny 5.5mm and 7mm to remove and the dried on hoses

The shop wanted $127 3hr. and $90 for part(s).:gasp: The heck with that! Got new core with lifetime warranty $35 like murdog94 said :great:and took me and the wife 1.5hr thats running back and forth to auto zone for small tool :)
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Awsome glad you got it done. And the nice thing is the part is covered for life.
  6. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

where exactly was it located? what all did you have to remove to replace it? mine just went last night.