1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

94 suburban rear barn door window removal

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by drakon543, Aug 28, 2013.

1. drakon543

drakon543 New Member

I tried doing some searches around on the internet to find some info on removing the left barn door window. It appears to just be glued in unless im missing something do I just take a good razor blade and cut the adhesive away from the door and hope my wife can catch the window before it hits the ground? If this is the case since ive never attempted to get a window like this out how do I "glue" it back to the door I would imagine there is a proper compound that does this. Also im trying to save the window im just removing it so I can do some body work on that door.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have never done one. Hopefully someone comes along that can help. If not I would stop by a local body shop or junk yard. Maybe they can give you some info
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I watched a glass installer remove a rear Suburban barn door window a few weeks back.
    He used a vibrating knife to sepparate the glass from the door. While he didnt end up breaking the glass he wasnt worried about breaking it either since he was prepared to replace it. He did say it was much easier to get out as a solid piece vice cleaning out all the broken glass.
    He also said if you reuse the glass it has to be cleaned real well and prepped with a special primer.