Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

94 tbi engine swap

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by abone327, Feb 5, 2011.

1. abone327

abone327 New Member

I have a 94 Sierra with a 5.7 tbi. I'm getting ready to have it rebuilt. The factory motor is rated at 195 hp. and I would like to get a little more out of it. I see a lot of engines for sale on craigslist and I'm wondering what my options are to stay california smog legal and compatible with my computer.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

MILD cam, you could even build a 383 stroker as long as you keep the TBI parts, and plugs installed. Also Edelbrock makes a better TBI intake that gives you a bit more oomph. Basically you have to be semi mild with things otherwise you end up with to much fuel and or lean and then engine codes etc..
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Edelbrock has a kit with or without heads, cam, intake, exhaust and a "chip" for your truck. You can find it on there website.
  4. abone327

abone327 New Member

So, will finding a random long block 350 and finishing it with my factory parts work. Or are there other things to be considered.
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Finding a good long block everything should bolt right up as long as it is anything older than 1995...
  6. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

i can sell you my complete 350 VORTEC incl the ECM and all ???