1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

95 1500 w/t starts & stalls immediately.

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Dgbebop, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Dgbebop

Dgbebop New Member

Hello everyone. Happy holidays. New lister here.

Have a 6cyl with 176k on it. Been running great for several years. The other day while warm the idle dropped immediately after startup & it stalled (I was on an incline if that has any value). Rolled to level ground, tried again, ran fine, made it home. Happened again a couple of times but was able to get it going by increasing throttle. Then that didn't work anymore. Ran for 2 seconds and stalled. Now it stalls immediately. I assume it is getting fuel and spark but I don't know how to check so... Wondering if this has happened to anyone else out here and if there is a way for me to get it going again.

Suggestions?

Dave
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did have a problem once with my truck stalling that came out of nowhere. I cleaned the intake of the throttle body and the mass airflow sensor each with proper cleaning fluid and never had a problem since! Just an easy thing to try. Also check fuel filter.
  3. Dgbebop

Dgbebop New Member

Thanks. I will try next week & post results.
  4. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Is yours 4.3 vortec ? Or throttle body injection? had both in 95. late 95,s were vortec but still had obd1 diagnostics .gm adjusting to obd11
    I would check fuel pressure .. sounds like fuel pump.
  5. Dgbebop

Dgbebop New Member

Thanks.

Feul pump occurred to me too. Not sure how to check it though.

Embarrassingly I'm not sure which engine either. I'm not with the truck right now but I'll take a closer look in a couple days. I can tell you that it has a classic circular air filter on top if that helps. What's the easiest way to tell? Anything a know not like me should look for? It's obviously all new to me. But I'm interested!

Appreciate the advice. Best for the holidays.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Looked at some photos on web. My guess is tbi. FYI. Thnx.