1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

95 Brake Light Switch

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BNG1964, May 5, 2009.

1. BNG1964

BNG1964 New Member

New here but no stranger to forums :)

1995 Silverado 1500 2WD 350 215k miles (60k on the motor). The brake lights don't work (all 3). All other lights work fine... turn signals, hazards, etc.. I suspect the brake light switch, unless you guys have other ideas, but I can barely touch it under the dash.

So, assuming it's a bad switch, how in the world do you get at it?

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Does this truck have cruise control? If it does, it's a different switch than if it doesn't.

3. BNG1964

BNG1964 New Member

Yes, it does have cruise control

4. BNG1964

BNG1964 New Member

Can anyone tell where the switch is and if it's a DIY job?

5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My apologies, the switch is the same for cruise or no cruise.

Your switch should look like this:

[​IMG]

It shouldn't be difficult to get to at all. Is this what you're looking at when you say you can barely even touch it under the dash?

6. BNG1964

BNG1964 New Member

Thanks for the reply!

I'll crawl under there in a bit but I tried yesterday. I didn't actually see the switch, it's my understanding that it's above the brake pedal... feeling up there I could feel a plastic part I assumed was the switch, but again, I can't actually see it. There is a large metal bracket and the steering column/whatever in the way. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot?

7. BNG1964

BNG1964 New Member

Ok, I found it... Now I need someone with small hands to get up there and remove it. It is not easy to get to, btw :)

Thanks for your help!

That was easy, after fiddling with it I now have brake lights (except the 3 one on the cab... is that required?) !

Last edited: May 6, 2009