1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

95 C1500 Idle problems

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by liquidmetal, Jan 24, 2010.

1. liquidmetal

liquidmetal New Member

I recently decided to finally change out a bad IAC on my 95 Cheyenne, just did it today. I checked to make sure I hooked everything back up, cleaned out the hole for the IAC with carb cleaner/rag, yet when I start up it climbs up to 2000rpm idle and sits there and isn't going down. Does this have something to do with the system and needs to be reset or something? I checked the idle and unscrewed as far as I could yet it's still doing the same thing. I'm not the most knowledgeable person with this stuff but I'm learning as I go along and thank you all for your information/help. What can I do?

More information is it is a 4.3L V6 with TBI
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. liquidmetal

liquidmetal New Member

Nevermind, I searched more and located a reset method. I should have researched a little longer, sorry guys.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Been there done that.