95 chevy 3" body lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by dzmolek, Jun 16, 2009.

1. dzmolek

dzmolek New Member

hey everyone,
    i was thinking about installing a 3" body lift on my 95 chevy silverado 4x4 and was wondering if it is very hard and what i will be getting myself into. I also wondered what type of way to raise the body off the frame to insert the blocks. I want to make my truck a little taller looking without spending the money on a suspension lift. ..... Thanks for your input...:great:

2. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

when we put my 3 inch body lift on my 01 silverado we used a jack and a piece of wood covered with a cloth on the bottom of the cab to lift it to put in the spacer. the bed is easy. just get a few friends to help u lift it. and its not hard to put on aslong as u have some mechanical skills. and dont let no body tell u that 35s wont fit cause they will especially on that year. my buddy had a 95 extend cab with a 3 inch body lift and 35x12.50s with a 16x10 inch rim and it looked great, and id did not scrub. but good luck and post sum pics

heres a pic of my 01. 3 inch body lift 35x12.50 on a 16x8. and THEY DID NOT RUB!!!

[​IMG]

3. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

its not to hard

you will need a jack,a block of wood a basic tool set and 1 case of beer! that being said as you begin to lift it make sure that you stop and check under the hood to insure that you dont pinch anything inbetween the body and the engine. remenber the bodys moving, the engine is staying in the same place. I was lifting my truck and pinched a coolant hose in two.and my throttle body didnt have the clearance necessary to clear the air condtioner condenser. (still trying to figure out that one out, thats why I havent got mine on yet) itll look good dont listen to those who tell you that bl suck I have an old ford I put one on 10 years ago and its still going strong.

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did a BL on my 95 and it is a time consuming process, but not that hard with a set of hand tools and patience. If you have access to air tools i highly recommend it because it will make the process go much much faster. ALso get some friends to help as well becasue it will be almost impossible by yourself. I too used the block of wood and jack method to do mine. If you want check out the pics in my photo albums. it is a 1995 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 with a 285/75R16 tire